Please read the following guidelines prior to applying for a property
- A current verifiable State or Photo ID is required at the time you submit your application for processing
- Each individual over the age of 18 years who intends to reside in the subject dwelling unit must submit a separate Rental Application
- Any property with more than one adult applying must qualify solely and individually in regards to the following: credit, criminal and rental history. Income verification as stated below will be considered as a household qualification.
- Application Fees must be paid prior to processing the rental application
- The application fee is NON-REFUNDABLE
- This covers the cost of processing your application. Applicant acknowledges and accepts that Spartan Property Management represents the owner of the property for which applicant is applying
- Application processing time
- Management makes every effort to process applications within 24 to 48 business hours of receipt (pursuant to applicant providing all necessary paperwork – ID, RVF, proof of income)
- The processing of an application can take several days if we do not receive a response from previous/present landlords, employers and other references
- Management will make a reasonable attempt to contact previous and present landlord(s) submitted by Applicant; however, the ultimate responsibility for supplying this information to Management lies with the Applicant
- NOTE: Management reserves the right to deny tenancy on the basis of an inability to contact the references provided
- Some properties are in high demand! In some cases, there may already be applications submitted at the time you submit your application. We cannot guarantee any unit, although it may be available at the time your application is submitted. Units are rented to the first approved applicant with the full security deposit paid. A security deposit will not be accepted until the rental application is approved.
- All deposits MUST be paid within 24 hours of approval
Our background check consists of collecting and reviewing the following information:
- Credit score/Negative Credit History
- Identity Verification
- Public Record Search
- Criminal History
- Rent-to-Income Verification
- Eviction Records
- Employment Verification
- Rental History
Yes, credit scores are important to us, but we are more interested in the things that created the credit score than the score itself. A less than desirable credit score may be off-set by great rental history and solid income.
- 600-800 = Standard Approval*
- 530-599 = Possible Denial (If approved, double deposit will be required)
- Below 530 = Credit scores below 530 will not be approved, even with a double deposit
- Zero, as in no debt to report = Conditional Approval*
*Other factors that may affect the overall approval
Your NET monthly income must be a minimum of 3 times the monthly rent. You will be required to provide proof of income whether you are employed by a 3rd party, or self-employed.
**If an applicant has a current mortgage on his or her credit report, applicant must make 2.5x’s the rent (net income) PLUS enough to cover their mortgage. Applicant will also be required to provide closing documents to show that their current home (with mortgage showing up on credit report) has been sold OR a lease with a current tenant showing the home is leased for a period of twelve (12) months or more.
If you are self-employed, you will need to provide the following proof of income:
- bank statements
- tax returns
**Unemployment is not an approved form of income.
If you are not self-employed you will need to provide the following proof of income:
- copies of your last 3 pay stubs
- tax returns (if applicable)
You will need to provide a rental reference which confirms a minimum of 1 year or more of valid, verifiable rental history from a third-party landlord. If your rental history includes: late payments, eviction(s), excessive lease violations, excessive property damage, unauthorized tenants/pets, pest infestations due to tenant negligence, improper notice to vacate, three or more late notices within a 12-month period, noise or nuisance violations, two or more NSF charges, or outstanding balance owed, you will not be approved for a lease at Spartan Property Management.
A single or combined occurrence of the following will more than likely NOT allow me to rent from Spartan Property Management
- Any felony offense or conviction which has taken place within the last seven (7) years
- Any collection filed by a property management company or landlord
- Unlawful detainer action/eviction within the past seven (7) years
- Balance owing to a current or past landlord
- Extreme negative and adverse rental history
- Documented complaints and/or damages
- Multiple late payments or notices to pay or vacate
- Statement by landlord, such as “WOULD NOT RE-RENT”
- Unverifiable social security number or proof of legal residency in United States, or falsification of information on rental application
Thank you for taking the time to familiarize yourself with our rental guidelines. If you’re ready to move forward, we are eager to review your application! Please select the property below to begin.
DON’T SEE YOUR perfect RENTAL?
Complete the form below. We’ll add you to our wait list and message you when a home becomes available.
Available Around the Clock
We’re easily accessible 24/7/365. Access your tenant portal to view maintenance requests, payments, and secure documents anytime. We are here for you.
With more than 50 golf courses, 15 lakes, and 10 pine trees per person, the greater Moore County area is the perfect location for getaways, raising a family, and retirement.
Right fit for you
Discover your perfect home for your family. Complete your rental form. We’ll add you to our wait list and message you when a home becomes available.